A lot has changed in recent times; enterprises are more centered on operating smartly than executing operations in a more complex way. Businesses today aim towards efficiency in operations instead of making the business processes as efficient as possible. The majority of businesses are looking for solutions that will stay relevant longer and have a broader scope for development.
This is the situation where organizations look for a requirement for a smarter visualization and analysis tool. Talking of the situation, what’s better than the market leader SAP Analytics Cloud?
SAP Analytics Cloud is one such business management tool that fits perfectly to the current industry demands. It is a flexible and compelling platform with its dependency on the SAP HANA cloud database.
SAP SAC can seamlessly integrate with pre-existing SAP or non-SAP systems. Further, the platform can also consolidate data from multiple sources to perform critical analytical tasks and provide accurate predictive models.
In the following sections, we will be discussing how business structures are developed to utilize the full potential of individual features of SAP SAC. Besides this, we will also be reviewing its security features and the reason behind its wide market adoption.
How is SAP Analytics Cloud used in a Business Structure?
SAP SAC ensures that all its tools and services become relevant at different stages of a business. Organizations can use their solutions in one way or the other. This way, the platform improves the productivity of the entire company. The best ways to utilize these solutions is by creating a planned structure within the enterprise like the following:
● Junior Level – The members can access different stories and the data related to such engagements.
● Middle Management Level – The members at the middle management level can have a more detailed overview of the stories. The feature also allows them to examine the different trends and forecast views.
● Executive Level – Executive level is the topmost level in a company. This level of security has access to almost every minute detail of the company, besides creating high-level visualization in dynamic dashboards.
This structure pre-defines job roles among employees, eliminating the scope of confusion. It also allows higher authorities to assign tasks to a particular group, based on the demand. This way, the distribution ensures that the organization functions seamlessly and the workforce is grouped around job roles in a specific enterprise.
What features make SAP Analytics Cloud the market leader?
Becoming a market leader in intelligent business solutions is challenging as no one size fits all. Different enterprises adapt to varying business strategies and need a unique solution accordingly. The Business Intelligence market is vast, it comprises numerous efficient and innovative solutions. However, the features provided by SAP Analytics Cloud are comprehensive and superior, when compared to other competitors.
Factors that make SAP Analytics Cloud the first choice for most enterprises:
● Pricing – SAP Analytics Cloud is available at a very reasonable monthly subscription, offering a free initial trial period. The trial period is a boon as it allows organizations to check if the product will benefit their operations. The subscription models vary according to the requirements. The premium package offers features like Business Intelligence, Predictive, and Planning tools, all in a single package.
● Data Source Integration – SAP SAC works with data from multiple sources, making it a lot easier for enterprises using SAP-based products. It also allows operations over different ERP systems. SAC depends on the HANA database for live connections, so that the modeling can be done in the HANA layer without putting much stress on the user’s end.
● Security – As discussed in the above subtopic, a high level of security is maintained by influencing proper practices among the users. Also, several SAP tools are integrated with the SAC to reduce the chances of any internal or external threat. SAP is also the only business analytics service provider that has implemented touch ID for mobile devices, thus taking security to the next level.
● Data Visualization – SAP SAC has improved their data visualization tools a lot in recent times by developing IBCS recognized tools for data visualization like the improved representation of geo layers and histograms in data models.
● Data Collaboration – This is probably one of the most important features of SAP SAC as there is provision for sharing and collaborating across different platforms. Also, since SAP Analytics Cloud relies on the cloud ecosystem, it is a more future-proof solution than the non-cloud-based market competition.
With all the applications integrated over one single platform, SAP Analytics Cloud ensures seamless operations. Further, the functionality provided over this platform makes it a package that isn’t available across the market as a whole.
However, adding to the list of requirements isn’t enough. You need to have a reliable level of security as well. Let’s check out SAP SAC’s security framework in the next section.
How is the Security level of SAP Analytics Cloud maintained?
SAP Analytics Cloud is where all vital data about an enterprise is kept; it consists of sensitive data about different tenders, transactions, and company account details. If any outsider has access to this data, it will be a massive loss for the company; for this reason, SAP has taken very severe measures to ensure that any hacker cannot penetrate the SAP Analytics Cloud. This has been ensured due to the presence of the following data security features:
- Security training is provided to the user by SAP to ensure proper practices are maintained.
- A dedicated research team is provided to make sure all the features are up to date.
- Certain products using Software Development Lifecycle are developed.
- Security penetration test labs are also set up to simulate what hackers can do and check if the system gets exploited or not.
Apart from these safety measures, SAP has a series of tools that helps in improving the security of a platform without affecting the user experience. Few of those primary tools are:
- SAP Enterprise Threat Detection – This is an automatic threat detection system that provides real-time warnings.
- SAP Single Sign-On – This is used by employees while logging in to different applications using their initials.
- Also, SAP Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Management – Access to business operations and data are controlled automatically without any human intervention.
- SAP Identity Management – Helps SAP consulting company in managing user access to sensitive information.
Apart from external threats, a company has to protect its data from illegal use by its employees. As SAP consolidates data from multiple sources, the Analytics Cloud becomes the hub for value-rich data. This makes the platform reliable and protected as it uses different firewalls for protection. SAP Analytics Cloud also ensures that problems around security don’t arise with their systems.
Administrators who are in charge of maintaining data privacy have the power to provide limited access to different employees based on the type of task they are assigned to perform.
The admin can also share charts and models privately with target employees to prevent those data from falling into the wrong hands. Creating teams and smaller groups ensures that a certain degree of data security is maintained.
SAP Analytics Cloud adds to the operations of an organization in several ways. Looking at the ways in which it adds to businesses, it is obvious that the platform is one of the most sought after products currently available in the market. The features, security, and seamless availability of the product add to the overall offering.
From the above discussion, it has become pretty clear why the leading enterprises prefer SAP Analytics Cloud. It can be flexible and sturdy simultaneously; it has a wide range of complementary tools that enhance the tasks that other analytic solutions cannot provide. SAP SAC has an improved level of security that ensures that all the critical data is stored securely.